We are part of the Methodist Church of Great Britain and Ireland.
If you are looking for service resources for use in your services - or have your own material that you are willing to share - have a look at www.twelvebaskets.co.uk
LIVING LIGHTLY: For ideas and discussions on helping look after God’s world, see the A Rocha website: http://arocha.org.uk/
Adjacent to the Church is Pilgrim House formerly the Sunday School rooms,
10 Bishop Street
Leicester LE1 6AF.
Here you will find:-
- Leicester Community Shop, Monday-Friday, 10.00-3.00, more details from Zinthiya Trust
- The Leicester Council of Faiths;
- NewEnglish Design Company.
- Zinthiya Trust: women’s support organisation
- Community Cycles: For 5 years this cycle project was run from our Church Basement, but from November 2018 they have moved next door, and are npw based in the right-hand unit in Pilgrim House. Learn-to-ride schemes, refurbished bicycles, low-cost repairs. Contact Dwight on 07845232489
Leicester Street Pastors had their administrative base in the Church Office, until 2017.
‘The Bridge’ is a volunteer run support service for Leicester’s homeless people. Now providing a range of Services from 43 Melton Street, Leicester, LE1 3NB. Thursday evenings, 6.30-8.00, and on Sunday afternoons, 3.00-5.00. further details at http://www.bridgeleicester.org/ which also has a contact form.
On Sunday afternoons the New Life Covenant Church meet in our chapel, from 1.30 to 4.30pm. Pastor: Pardon Tapfumaneyi, tel. 07903 740931 See http://www.newlife-uk.org/branches/leicester.html
We provide rooms for Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, Narcotics Anonymous meetings, and a Nar-Anon Family support group. These are at various times over the week.
Summary of meeting times at Bishop Street Methodist Church